taking 2 PI's alone

Dear Doctor: I am currently on Agenerase & combovir. I want to drop the combovir due to fat wasting. I have had reaction to abacavir. I am nondetected since back in 98', tcell 400-500. I was thinking of taking Lexiva bid and norvir bid. what are you thought of only these two PI's?

Response from Dr. Lee

I am unsure how you came upon this particular regimen and without the doses, it is unclear if you are acutally planning to take two medicines or only one. (If you are taking Norvir low dose, it is not acting as a medicine itself, but only "boosting" or increasing the blood levels of the other medicine.) Generally it is not a good idea to use only one medicine, especially a protease. I urge you to reconsider this plan and talk it over with your doctor.

No side effects?
Impetigo