Wanna know more..

I'm a female turning 36 this year and have been +ve for the past 13 years, as far as I know. Have a healthy son who is 5 this year. My CD4 = 668 and has fallen from 1132 in 1999, but have no records of my VL. My question is when am I likely to need to start treatment? How long should I expect to live once on meds assuming I start in time. I also intend to have another child this year, is that a problem? I'm 1.65m tall and weigh 78kgs. I have safely lost weight twice in the past by going on a diet and doing aerobics. The first time I went on diet I weighed 105 kg. Can I still do so again as I'm prone to weight gain? I'm very responsible and informed about my health in general

By the way I'm in Africa but we have fairly reasonable access to pills, although expensive.

Thanks for your question. It's good to know that our site reaches readers in Africa.

As long as your feeling well, I see no reason why you should have any issues with a weight loss program and exercise. With your current CD4 count, you're at minimal (if any) risk of having HIV-related complications.

Good luck, drop us a note from time to time. Thanks for reading. BY

how does it go?
HIV Similar to Diabetes?