First Time Teatment - Second Opinion

I have started treatment of Sustiva, Epivir, and Videx on the advice of my military doctor. I'm just curious about what you think of this coctail, because I cannot find this combo recommended in the information I've reviewed. Thanks.

The combo of ddI+3TC+Efavirenz is included as an alternative regimen in the latest US Public Health Service Guidelines (www.aidsinfo.nih.gov). Prefered regimens include a) Efavirenz+3TC and either tenofovir, AZT or d4T and b)Kaletra+3TC+AZT or d4T.

Why your doc chose this regimen over the others is not clear and I would ask her/him for a rationale. Your doc replying that it is because he/she owns stock in Bristol Myers Squibb (the makers of ddI) would lead me to question their impartiality.

Seriously, the good thing about the regimen is that it can be taken once a day. The down side is that ddI needs to be taken on an empty stomach.

One Month Update
Cure of AIDS