Not Using Meds At All
Feb 9, 2004
Hi! I have just recently been diagnosed with HIV1 and am a healthy 19yo livin in Oz. I'm still learning about HIV and medications and stuff like that. Can you tell me is it possible NOT to start on ANY medications and just treat infections as they arise until I die?
Response from Dr. Pierone
Yup, that's exactly what we did for people with HIV infection in the 1980's. The preferred approach now is to treat HIV with medications to prevent destruction of the immune system. Continue to read and learn about HIV infection and be sure to get into medical care. Good luck!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Do I Do When My Shingles Start To Scab?
- What Are The Long And Short Term Problems With Genital Warts?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- What Are Other Names For Toxoplasmosis?
- What Are Complications Of Untreated Gonorrhea?
- Syphilis Symptoms Burning Urination
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.