Feb 8, 2004
Since being diagnosed positive in 1998, I have had high t cell counts and low viral load without the need of meds. In the past few months however, I have felt somewhat ill - I lost a bunch of weight and there is a sudden outbreak of odd blemishes the size of tiny birthmarks all over my arms and tourso. These are small marks, but not perfectly circle-shaped. They give me a bad feeling. Is there any way to have one of these little suckers biopsied, or is a birthmark sized blemish too small to work with?
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your question.
I'm always in favor of having a skin specialist look as suspicious lesions-- a biopsy certainly could be entertained. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chances Of Catching AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Burning Urethra After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fever After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Herpes After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.