what is interferon alfa-n3
Feb 8, 2004
What exactly is interferon alfa-n3? I heard that it is in phase 3 clinical trials? When will this be approved and what will it do?
Response from Dr. Pierone
Alfa-N3 is Alferon N, a purified mixture of natural human alpha interferon subtypes. It is a different type of interferon and is currently approved for intralesional injection for genital warts. It may be phase 3 trials for other indications but I am not aware of any for HIV specifically.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Do You Have To Have Sex To Get Infected With Hiv?
- Will Hepatitis C Break Out Your Skin?
- Does A Fungal Infection Mean Hiv?
- What Is The Longest It Takes Hiv Antibodies To Show Up?
- How Soon After Hiv Infection Do People Get Swollen Glands?
- What If A Hospital Worker Is Pricked By A Hiv Needle?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.