what is interferon alfa-n3
Feb 8, 2004
What exactly is interferon alfa-n3? I heard that it is in phase 3 clinical trials? When will this be approved and what will it do?
Response from Dr. Pierone
Alfa-N3 is Alferon N, a purified mixture of natural human alpha interferon subtypes. It is a different type of interferon and is currently approved for intralesional injection for genital warts. It may be phase 3 trials for other indications but I am not aware of any for HIV specifically.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do People Usually Get Symptoms Right Away With Hiv?
- Hiv Neg And Poz Relationships
- Is Lexapro Used To Treat Peripheral Neuropathy?
- Lorazepam For Peripheral Neuropathy
- Will Two People Infected With Genital Herpes Make Each Others Herpes Worse?
- What Type Of Specialist To See Regarding Shingles?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.