CD-4 & Viral Load on drug holiday

Hello , Iam on a drug holiday 15 months now. My T-Cells were 802 and Viral Load 23,220 at four months into holiday. Now at 15 months into holiday my T-Cells dropped to 452 and Viral Load is now 55,133. Should I start back on the drugs again? I've been having health problems lately like the flu & pnoemonia & running a low grade fever.

There are no set parameters for starting back on medications after a treatment interruption. Part of the decision rests on the reason for the interruption in the first place. Were you having side effects? Was there evidence of viral resistance? How about ability to adhere to the previous regimen? These and other factors should be considered in the decision to restart.

In general though, if you are noticing a decline in your health status (and it sounds like you are), it is probably time to get back on therapy. Good luck!

Newly diagnosed
RE:follow up: 44d mutation & epiver question (Jan 11, 2004)