lumps in neck

Hi. Im CD4 350 and VL 60,000. Im travelling in bolivia at the mo so dont have access to decent doctors. I have two lumps in the back of my neck - one either side that ive had for about a month. do you think they are swollen glands relating to poor immune system. i dont think im coping with the "waiting to be ill" bit of all this so may suggest i go on treatment when i reach home in a few weeks. thanks Paul

Paul- Thanks for your post. The "lumps" on your neck are almost certainly lymph nodes ("glands"). It's not uncommon at all to have enlarged lymph nodes with untreated HIV. The fact that they're on both sides of your neck speaks to the likelihood that they are not pathological, other than relating to your HIV.

So, as long as you're feeling well otherwise, I wouldn't worry too much about them. When you get back home, let your doctor know about this and any other symptoms or physical findings that you might have.

Buen viaje. BY

follow up to Jan 28th
IMMUNITIN by Hollis-Eden.