beginning therapy with low viral load

i know you think that low viral load means my symtoms are not hiv-related, but i fit the profile of a steadily progressing aids victim. profound fatigue, mouth ulcers, narrowing of my face and body, constant tender nodes and glands, and a general feeling of illness. i have a friend who says he was in my exact boat and then began meds despite high cd4s and low to undetectible viral load. he says he felt much better after a few months on the meds (after side effects wore off) and that his glands loosened up, felt more energy, thrush subsided, and restored body composition shortly after as well. could it hurt for me to do a trial with a simple first time regimen?

Sorry, have we discussed this before? If you are having symptoms that can be due to HIV infection then it does not really matter if your viral load is low or CD4 cell count high. Current guidelines recommend HIV therapy for those with symptomatic HIV disease.

I have a patient who has a CD4 cell count of 800 and a viral load of 8,000 but who suffers from intense abdominal cramps. After an exhaustive and fruitless work-up I realized HIV may be the cause of her symptoms and put her on therapy. Since then she is doing great and is almost completely free of her belly problems.

aren't I sort of entitled to this?
give me the facts: hep c and hiv co-infection?