Jan 28, 2004
How could one suspect if they are coming down with PCP? Should the symptom of shortness of breath be alarming, and a reason to do the sputum test?
Response from Dr. Young
If you have shortness of breath, particulary when at rest, you should contact your doctor right away.
There are many causes of shortness of breath, none of them are really good to ignore. PCP is just one of the causes of shortness of breath and there are a variety of ways to diagnose the infection; including chest xray, sputum tests and a blood test (called LDH).
Check in with your doctor-- BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- HIV Infection Risk Sex With A Prostitute
- Blood In Semen After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Irritation On Penis Tip After Sex Chlamydia Sti
- 9 Month Negative HIV Test
- Can You Get Anything Sucking Someone's Cock Without A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.