Will an Hiv test show Hiv 2 ?

My wife and I have both recently tested neg for HIV. We've both been tested during an insurance physical. I have also been tested during my regular physical.

The problem is that I have had worsening suspicious symptoms for several years and she is beginning to have the same symptoms.

I had some risky encounters about 9 years ago and am worried that we may be infected with HIV 2. Would our tests have shown if the culprit was indeed Hiv 2 ????

Thank you for taking the time to answer this haunting question.

Standard HIV antibody tests detect both HIV-1 and HIV-2. BY

Is the improvement good or normal
dapsone, does it work?