Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

pain in side

Hi Dr Young:

I am on meds for a few months (kaltera, viread and emtriva). Never been sick form hiv. Going in 2 weeks to check to see is I am udecetatable yet. Right now I have a pain in my lower left side of my rib cage. (my left facing out :) ) I was worried it might be my liver--checked on net and it said liver was on the rigt side. If I were not hiv pos, I would probably think is was a hurt rib from exercise or something. The pain is not so severe-very slight in fact. But with my persent condition, I am a bt worried. I will get to the doc ASAP (2 weeks probably). Until then ., any ideas? Kevin

Hi Kevin-

Pain on the left side isn't usually the liver, since, as you point out is mostly on the right (and in the middle). It's probably nothing serious, perhaps must a strained muscle. If the pain is only mild, you can probably wait, but I'd encourage you to see if your doctor will see you sooner, especially if the pain gets worse.

Thanks for writing, BY

Re : Need an Urgent Advice
potent enough?