The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Re : Need an Urgent Advice
Jan 25, 2004

Hello Doctor,

Thanks for your below kind response. Further, I am planning to get married to this girl. I need to know whether I can become HIV+ve after having sex with her. Secondly, I shall be thankful if you could kindly let me know the phenomenon by which she has still not become +ve.



Question : My cousin brother tested HIV+VE in Yr. 1995. He got married to a girl in Yr. 1998. This girl delivered a baby boy in Yr. 1999. Now, my cousin brother died in Yr. 2000 of AIDS. However, the this girl and her baby boy tested Negative in Yr. 2000. From then onwards the girl has tested herself for HIV in Yr. 2001, 2002 and 2003. All test are negative. Kindly advice, if this girl can become HIV+ve in future. If yes, for how long she should get herself tested after which she could assure that she will never become positive in future. Kindly help we need an ungent advice. Thanks

Ans : At this point, I don't think that your relative will become HIV positive from her exposure to your cousin-brother. BY

Response from Dr. Young

Thanks for your follow up. If this woman is HIV negative repeatedly, then she cannot transmit a virus that she does not have.

That said, I believe strongly in the use of condoms to prevent disease transmission, whether HIV is involved or not-- and in strong dissent with the Catholic church's position on the issue. BY

drug that fixes atazanavir problem
pain in side

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint