|beginning arv for wasting
Jan 19, 2004
how often do you see people beginning arv solely because they are losing lean body mass?
also, what is the success rate for reversing wasting with initiation of arv alone?
| Response from Dr. Wohl
I do not think I have had anyone come in and say, I can't take this wasting, get me on some antiretrovirals. Generally, if wasting is present, the person does not feel well at all and is looking to improve the way they feel rather than just the way they look.
Once on therapy, people frequently do gain weight with lean and adipose tisse increases.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does A Fbc Test For Hiv And Hep C?
- Can You Get Hiv From Sharing A Razor?
- What Is The Statistics Of Aids In Swain County Nc?
- Which Man Was Th First American Movie Star Whose Aids Diagnosis Became Public Knowledge?
- What Is The The Expected Life Span Living With Hiv?
- What Are The Effects Of Aids On African Population?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.