loss of apetite
Jan 17, 2004
Plse can u tell me from where it comes loss of apetite ? This now has been more than a month
Response from Dr. Young
There are many causes of anorexia in our community-- HIV alone can cause loss of appetite as can low testosterone levels, depression or drug side effects.
Understanding (or eliminating) the possible causes should permit good treatments; we've used a number of appetite stimulants with great success-- these include dronabinol (Marinol) and megestrol (Megase).
Thanks for reading. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Are Shingles A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Is White Discharge A Symptom Of HIV?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Dry Mouth After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.