|Number of infected??? PLease answer.
Jan 17, 2004
I was just wondering how many people in teh USA are known to be infected with HIV???
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your question.
The best data on this topic comes from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/stats/hasr1402/table12.htm). Their website has a wealth of HIV-related health statistics.
The CDC estimates that at the end of 2002, there were about 530,000 persons living with HIV in the US. Of these about 385,000 persons have an AIDS diagnosis.
Thanks for reading. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Blowjob From A Prostitute Safe?
- Itchy Balls After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Can Blood Work Tell If Had Hep B Vaccine?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.