T-Cells 792 VL 55,200

Hello There, In Nov 2003 I tested postive at an HIV Clinic. The results were given by a code number system. The next week I went to an HIV Doc and my Blood work came back as TCells 792 VL 55,200. From all the research I have done I don't seem to fall into any specific catagory of when to start treatmet or not. AUGH! What should I do?......

Conventional thinking would have you not start therapy yet if you have no major symptoms associated with HIV infection. Your CD4 cell count is high and your viral load not at a level to motivate much enthusiasm for embarking on treatment. The driving force for most clinicans when it comes to recommending therapy initiation is the CD4 cell count. When the viral load is sky high, you see some start to get edgy but at your CD4 count, it would take a lot of virus to get my prescribing pen scribbling.

Now that is the answer today. It is likely in the future, when better therapy is available, we all may be hitting hard and early all over again.

Events often not aids related?
Re: further clarification