For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Further Clarification

Hi, Dr. Young... In a posting of Dec 20 2003, you defined AIDS as either a CD4 count below 200 OR having one OI. But the folks at the National AIDS Hotline tell me that the CDC guidelines specify that you need BOTH for a clinical AIDS diagnosis... Is there debate on this subject and, if so, can you bring me up to date on it?

Thanks for your post, I don't think that there's any debate, just specifics on semantics. A clinical AIDS diagnosis implies a clinical event, like an OI; you can have an OI with CD4 counts above 200 (although these persons are unusual). BY

What is Viusid?
when? when? when?