Regarding transmission through hair removal

Thanks for all your insite and time helping all those affected by this disease but I think you are gonna needlessly scare alot of people with your answer to this persons question. Either that or contact the c.d.c. and let them know of a new way of transmitting the virus. NEVER in the 20 plus years of tracking the history of this disease has ANYONE EVER contracted aids by sharing an epil-lady. I realize you might be concerned because as you stated you are not familiar with this hair removal product but this person should realize that the skin remains intact. The chances of contracting hiv from this machine are virtually non-existent. He or she needs to look at the proven ways of transmission and re-examine their past behaviour or incidents in their life to pin point transmission but this is NOT one of them.

You are right about that. I think the risk of HIV transmission from a hair removal device is infinitesimal. The point that I wanted to make (didn't work though) is that someone with HIV infection using a device that becomes visibly contaminated by their blood should not be sharing that device with another user. But your points are well taken.

Your response on HIV-2 HAART regimens
link to hiv hiv temporal wasting picture