|what ever happened to peptide T?
Jan 4, 2004
I heard that the experimental drug Peptide T might have some activity against hiv? Why haven't we heard more about this drug?
| Response from Dr. Pierone
Wow, Peptide T, a blast from the past. It never made it through the gauntlet of HIV drug development, but am not sure why. Here is a link to one recent study showing that it seemed to lower HIV viral load in monocytes, but not blood. I do like to see antiretrovirals lower viral load, not sure why, but this is important to me. All kidding aside, we haven't heard more because it has been surpassed by more active agents.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Happens To Monocytes With Hiv?
- Testing Negative After Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Burning Urethra After Broken Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Touching Skin Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Touching Period Blood Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.