|H. Pylori treatment
Jan 3, 2004
Is dual or triple eradication regimen for H.Pylori most appropriate for an HIV pos individual. Which antibiotics would you use?
| Response from Dr. Pierone
Studies have shown that in general, triple therapy is more effective for Helicobacter infection. I tend to use whatever samples I have in the medication closet (we are all just pawns of big pharma). Actually, combination with about any proton pump inhibitor (prilosec, protonix, prevecid), with amoxicillin, and clarithromycin (Biaxin) for 2 weeks is highly effective. For those with penicillin allergy, metronidazole can be substituted for amoxicillin.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Unprotected Anal Sex?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Odds Of Getting HIV Insertive Anal Sex
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom
- Touching Used Condom Risk Of Getting HIV
- Vaginal Fluid How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.