|confused with viral loads
Jan 3, 2004
I was Dx HIV+ this past february (2003). my viral loads were as follows: 3/4/03--32673 3/31/03--24402 7/1/03--156869 8/24/03--87130 12/12/03-222000 12/23/03-- <400
my cd4 counts have all been around 600 or higher.
i had a cold mid december, which was treated with bactrim 12/21, but could the cold cause that big a jump?
| Response from Dr. Pierone
The spike in viral load in December was probably related to the upper respiratory infection that you had around that time. Remember though, whenever doctors don't know why something happened we are inclined to blame it on a virus.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Dry Cough An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Burning Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Dizziness After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Fatigue After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.