HAART II ? 908 ? Future ?

Thank you for all the information and hyperlinks to sites that have info on meds/vaccines/etc.

It is encouraging but are getting close to making a dent (meaning meds that have less intense side effects)?

What about. * IV type treatments * patches (like to quit smoking) * or hell even a dialysis type machine * shots like insulin

anything...that cut will down on the pills and wasting which is starting to show on my temples...? Please help ...tied and scared

Hello, I think that incremental progress continues to be made for treatment of HIV. Some of the newer medications seem to have fewer side effects, tenofovir (Viread) and atazanavir (Reyetaz) are two newer medications with better side effect profiles than some older alternatives. A very interesting IV therapy, TNX-355, is in early development. If its insulin shots you want (ouch), then look no further than T20 (enfuvurtide, Fuzeon). The only work I know that resembles dialysis is total body hyperthermia, and this is a demanding treatment which has shown only limited effect in preliminary studies. As for patches, they tend to fall off and cause skin irritation. Some of the newer regimens are only 3 pills once daily and soon to be 2 pills once daily. If you have some loss of subcutaneous fat in your temple region this side effect seems to be most closely linked to mitochondrial toxicity and the nukes (especially Zerit and AZT). Hang in there and stay tuned for new advances.

Where to look for Medical Treatment
Ambien not working