Capravirine

Dr. Gerald,

Will Capravirine be approved as an anti-hiv drug for treatment in 2004? Do you think so or no?

Nance

I know that capravirine is a second generation non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NNRTI) that works against some strains of virus that are resistant to other NNRTI's (Sustiva, Viramune). Development had been put on hold for a while, but it is back in clinical trials. I don't think that it is on track for 2004 but I assume more data will be presented at the February 2004 Retrovirus conference and that may give us a better sense of where it is in development. Thanks for posting.

life expentency
Possible transmission from hair removal