Time zone changes to regimen

I am currently taking Combivir and Norvir twice daily (10:30am and 10:30pm). My Dr. has stressed the importance of taking the twice daily drugs at 12 hour intervals. I am travelling to a time zone that is -7 hours from my current time zone for two weeks. If I stay on the same intervals in the new time zone, I would need to take the meds in the afternoon and during the night (3:30am and 3:30pm), which is difficult to do with food, esp. at 3:30am. Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Rob

I suggest that you switch your medications to 10:30 am and pm using the local time in the new time zone. This will mean staying on your usual schedule on your travel day but that evening in the new time zone take an extra dose at 11:30 pm local time (this will be 8 hours after your last dose). The next day in the new time zone get on your usual schedule, but use local time. On the return trip you can take medications using local time on your travel day and resume your normal schedule your first full day home. How long have you been on Norvir as only protease inhibitor? This is an unusual regimen and not commonly done anymore.

Prognosis??
Life expectancies and weight loss