COST OF MEDICATION IN A DEVELOPING COUNTRY
Jan 1, 2004
Hello! I read from some article that its cost around 18000/year to support medication in the US. That amount is 4 X my annual gross salary. I'm living in the Philippines, a developing country. Is the cost to support HIV medication as high as what I've read in a country similar to mine. If that is the case are there alternatives besides taking these medications.
Thank you very much.
Response from Dr. Pierone
I don't know the situation in the Philippines with regard to availability and cost of medications. Depending on the country, generic HIV medications are available for as little as $300 per year. You should be able to link up with medical and HIV support sources in your country and see what the local situation is. Good luck!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Semen After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Penis After Touching Dried Semen What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Red Eyes After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.