COST OF MEDICATION IN A DEVELOPING COUNTRY

Hello! I read from some article that its cost around 18000/year to support medication in the US. That amount is 4 X my annual gross salary. I'm living in the Philippines, a developing country. Is the cost to support HIV medication as high as what I've read in a country similar to mine. If that is the case are there alternatives besides taking these medications.

Thank you very much.

I don't know the situation in the Philippines with regard to availability and cost of medications. Depending on the country, generic HIV medications are available for as little as $300 per year. You should be able to link up with medical and HIV support sources in your country and see what the local situation is. Good luck!

New HAART side effects?
hepatitis B co-infection