Should i start?

Hello there,

I got some questiond for you guys. I tested positive about 2yrs ago i have health insurance with BCBS Georgia, PPO 500, when i first visit a Dr she told me i wasnt ready to start treatment (i still have no problems whatsoeveer, you would think im healty)but im now affraid to visit the doctor again.

a friend of mine, also HIV+ had insurance thru BCBS PPO, theu his employer... (he had a different insurance company but his employer change companies so he had to switch also) after 6 monhts of service they told him his coverage was over for that period, he reached the limit...

would that happen to me if i start treatment???

even to i do have insurance i dont want to start any treatment if i wont be able to keep the treatment, and i do CAN NOT ask for goverment assistance.

i do not know about my cell count or any of those things, i would think if you have health insurance they should cover you...

what if i start a treatment and after a couple months blue cross tells me i meet my limit for that period? 1.. i stop the medication(i can not afford the medication without insurance) 2.. stop taking medication until the next insurance period? (would 6 mnths of medication a year be better than no medication at all)

Thank you

Hello, you mentioned that you were afraid to see your doctor because she said you were not ready to start treatment. Do you know what your numbers were and what scared you off after the doctor visit? Some insurance companies are placing severe limits on pharmaceutical coverage. You need to find out from your specific policy what it says about medications. Until you know this information (and the HIV numbers viral load and CD4 count) you really can't plan properly. After you find out please get back to us.

Young With AIDS - Older with only HIV infection?
New HAART side effects?