Lymph nodes

When the doctor examined two swollen lymph nodes oon the back of the neck, he determined to remove them, then sent the tissue for biopsy, resulting in diagnosing HIV. The count was: vl: 102879 T4: 1032. Should the nodes have been removed? I thought they helped fight the HIV, do I now have less resistance to the virus?

Removing lymph nodes that are ultimately proven to be related to HIV infection does not have a deleterious effect on the outcome of HIV infection (plenty of other lymph nodes where they came from). You should not have less resistance to the virus. Good luck!

First time on meds
HIV positive children & treatment