Geogrpahic tongue: rates among HIV poz people
Dec 24, 2003
Is there a higher rate of geographic tongue among HIV positive people? I see different reports, some saying that there is a higher rate and others that there is not. Since HIV infected people have a higher incidence of skin problems, one would think it logical that geographic tongue would be part of it?
Many thanks. Happy holidays!
Response from Dr. Young
I'm not aware of any data on the rates of geo tongue among persons with or without HIV. Either way, the "disease" is not really of any clinical significance. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Blood Cells And Cd4
- In Hiv Does White Blood Cells Or Red Blood Cells Have To Do With Hiv
- How Long Can The Hiv Virus Live In The Heat?
- Woman Arrested For Spreading Hiv
- Will Two People Infected With Genital Herpes Make Each Others Herpes Worse?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.