Trizivir and rash, syphilis actually

I asked a question last week about a rash that I had developed that seemed to be an abacavir hypersensitivity reaction. thanks for your answer. Aside from the rash, though, the symptoms didn't match, so my doctor tested me for syphilis even though the symptoms didn't match that either (no rash on palms or feet). It turned out that it was syphilis, so they quickly put me back on Trizir (I only missed four doses) and got treated for syphilis (lucky me, I got hiv and syphilis at the same time...). If there's any good news, syphilis can be treated and I can return to Trivir without worry. I had been feeling lousy, thinking it was side effects of treatment. Now I know that I felt lousy for the first six weeks of treatment because, coincidentally, I also had syphilis. Trying to keep a positive outlook..... thanks

Thanks for the update on your status. We have been seeing cases of secondary syphilis as well and this rash can certainly mimic a drug eruption. Good luck to you!

Life Expectencies?
clarification of HIV and Aids Status