When to start?
Dec 21, 2003
My labs have had a steady graph up for VL and down for CD4. They are currently: 80,000 for VL and 478 for CD4. The doc is encouraging me to start treatment. What is a good source of pro/con on this?
Response from Dr. Young
There's no clear right or wrong answer about when to start-- though I would tend to recommend deferring initiation with your labs.
I'd surf the "when to start treatment" category of this forum for questions and answers on this issue.
Good luck, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can Hiv Be Transmitted Through Clothing?
- Can Indirect Contact With Body Fluids Cause HIV?
- Can You Think You Have Mono And Really Have Hiv?
- Chance Of Hiv With Protected Sex
- Hiv 1 And 2 Test Was Nonreactive At 6 Months
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.