Hepatittis B

Dear Sir,

My husband hepatitis report as below: 1)TEST IMMUNOLOGY AND SEROLOGY

HBe Antigen : Non-reactive HBe Antibody : Reactive

2) lIVER FUNCTION TEST (BIOCHEMISTRY)

ALANINCE TRANSAMINASE/GPT : 85 WHICH HIGH AND OUT OF THE RANGE OF 30-65

He go for HBV DND test yesterday which required to wait 1 month for the result to come out.

Please explain to me what mean of non-reactive and reactive above and what is alanine transaminase? is it dangerous if alanine is high and what is the effect? If the virus mutant, is it dangerous ? what the next step / treatment i should prepared? is he just a normal carrier or his diasease already becoming bad or worse? for your information, he already got Hepatitis B for almost 11 years.He didn't go for any treatment before because he ignore it. This is the blood test result for this year after i asked him go for medical checkup. we will marry soon, i did go for vacine and boaster dos recently. Is it ok if make love with him? Is it mean I shouldn't get pregnant coz the baby maybe infected? please advise

thank you.

Regards, Cecilia

Hello, although not on the lab tests that you mentioned, I assume that his Hepatitis B Surface Antigen (HBsAg) test is positive. It sounds like his immune system may have cleared the virus based on the HBe antibody positive reactive test. The HBV DNA level will tell if the virus is active in his system. This test is essentially a viral load for hepatitis B. If you have been successfully immunized against hepatitis B you will be safe from infection, as will any future children. You can have your antibody levels tested to confirm that the vaccination was successful. Good luck!

Time For New Meds?
My New Regimen