Recent;y infected Siniger worried about nodes/tonils

Hello Dr. Young,

This is a little bit of the topic of treatment, but I was curious if you could answer this for me.

I have been recently infected and I am a singer, so my apprearance has a great deal to do with my work, I am concerned about swollen lymphnodes and tonsils.

Would they be swollen for long periods of time right after a recent infection, I am worried if they flare up i will not be able to perform because of the swollen tonsils, Do the tonsils generally flare up for long periods of time earl in the infection, or is ti usually when peoples CD4 counts drop low like in AIDS .

Very concerend if I cannot work I cannot pay for meds.

THANK YOU

Thanks for the post.

Swollen tonsils shouldn't persist very long after acute infection. After that, there's no reason to think that this should affect your ability to sing. (Save for the usual, intermittent sore throat that we all get from time to time).

No as for medications-- yes, they can be very expensive, particularly if you have to shoulder the entire burden of the costs on your own. There are multiple ways to get assistance for medications, should it be appropriate to start on meds-- these range from governmental to industry assistance programs to clinical trials. I'd have you contact your local AIDS service organization for guidance on this point, but in the end analysis, find a place where you can get routine and periodic laboratory and clinical monitoring-- this is the best way to ensure your health.

Good luck, thanks for reading and happy holidays. BY

Two Questions
Price increase of Norvir