How much longer?

I have two questions for you maybe you can help me. I know that there has to be people working on a cure for HIV ..but do you know how far away we are from this? Is it likely in the next 10 years? What are the prospects for people who are newly infected in 2004? I mean if they are 39 can they expect to live to 85 or 90? (assuming that they are in otherwise good health) What if they are infected with drug resistant virus...can we come up with a way to keep the virus from mutating around the drugs? I know I have asked a lot of questions ...but I have no one that I can trust to ask so maybe you can help me out?

The prospect for persons newly infected is good if they have access to antiretroviral therapy. I think that those that can fully adhere to therapy (when they eventually require treatment) can expect a near-normal life span. Those infected with drug-resistant virus have a greater challenge, it depends how resistant the virus is but alternative treatments are available. Also, new medications that target different viral proteins are being developed. The best way to keep the virus from mutating around the drugs is by keeping the virus fully suppressed while on therapy. This centers around very high levels of adherence, keep the virus pinned to mat and don't allow it to replicate. Hope this helps. GP

price of meds down the road
skin allergies