|Life expectancy on HAART
Dec 11, 2003
Hello Dr. Young,
Could you please tell me what is the life expectancy of an HIV+ person going under HAART from the three months after the infection?
| Response from Dr. Young
There are tremendous variability in forcasting, but in general, if a person has access to good medical care and medications, I counsel my patients that they might live normal or near-normal life expectancies.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Testing Negative After Condom Popped
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker
- Touching Butt Should I Get Test For AIDS
- Touching Penis Do I Need To Get Tested For AIDS
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Protected Anal Sex?
- What Are The Odds Of Getting HIV From Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.