|Life expectancy on HAART
Dec 11, 2003
Hello Dr. Young,
Could you please tell me what is the life expectancy of an HIV+ person going under HAART from the three months after the infection?
| Response from Dr. Young
There are tremendous variability in forcasting, but in general, if a person has access to good medical care and medications, I counsel my patients that they might live normal or near-normal life expectancies.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Discharge Worried It Could Be AIDS
- How Do You Know If You Have Pneumocystis Carinii Pneumonia?
- Can Someone Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Sex With A Prostitute And HIV Transmission Risk
- Blood In Semen After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Bronchitis After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.