Life expectancy on HAART
Dec 11, 2003
Hello Dr. Young,
Could you please tell me what is the life expectancy of an HIV+ person going under HAART from the three months after the infection?
Response from Dr. Young
There are tremendous variability in forcasting, but in general, if a person has access to good medical care and medications, I counsel my patients that they might live normal or near-normal life expectancies.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Can I Get Tested To See If I Am Immune To Hiv?
- Will Shingles Affect My Sex Life?
- What Precautions Can You Take If Someone Has Herpes?
- What Do Shingles Look Like When They Are Drying Up?
- What Are Over The Counter Treatments For Genital Warts?
- What Is The Best Way To Treat Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.