Dec 9, 2003
sir, I have two questions 1. Is there any vaccine for hiv 2.it has been learnt that some doctors in african countries found medicine for hiv. how far it is true.
Response from Dr. Young
1- There is no vaccine for HIV (yet).
2- As far as I'm aware (and with all due respect to our African colleagues), the only proven medications for HIV are antiretrovirals.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Mouth After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Be Born With Std?
- How Long Do Hep C Symptoms Take To Occur?
- How Long Does Chlamydia Last After Treatment?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.