|Is flu shot safe for non-treatment positive people
Dec 8, 2003
Hi Doctor, not sure if i am in the right forum, but i have a question which i hope you will take time to answer. I would lik e to know if flu shot is safe for someone who has not yet started any treatment? What effect it can have on such a person's disease progression? Best Regards, Joe.
| Response from Dr. Young
Joe- thanks for your question. Absolutely-- the influenza vaccine is highly recommended for persons with HIV, independent of whether you're on meds or not. The vaccine can transiently bump up your viral load or alter your CD4 cell count, and because of this, you shouldn't have lab tests drawn for about 2 weeks after the vaccination. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Night Sweats After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can An Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause White Vaginal Discharge?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.