Wasting?

Hi doc. I had a cd4 count of 140 and viral load over a million copies.I was prescribed the new rigimen Reyataz 2pd,Viread 1pd,Emtriva 1pd and Norvir 100ml 1pd.In 3 weeks on meds, the VL came down to 18.000 and cd4 went up to 247 in only 3 weeks, but i am very concerned knowing that those drugs are brand new and I dont know if i am on the right combo.Anyway i am also very worried that Norvir will cause me wasting specially on the face as i have read a lot about that specific drug.Is there a reason for me to be worried? will that happen to me?should I change to Emtriva/Viread/Sustiva, or Epivir/viread/sustiva? I was very happy with what i have read about Reaytaz no lipds on the bllod...what do i do? what do u think? should I give some more time? i am only 28 and found out on 2001 Thanks Very much

Thanks for your question. Although two of the medications in your regimen are new to market they have been studied and have passed the rigorous FDA approval process. It appears that things are going well based on your response. Norvir is not particularly known for causing facial wasting, especially in the low dose that you are on to boost Reyetaz levels. There is no need to change to another regimen now, although the other two that you mentioned are excellent choices as well. We now have several excellent treatment options for those newly starting HIV therapy. Best of luck to you and let us know how things progress.

Early Treatment
No treatment for Hep C?