slow or non-progressor wanting to help out science and my fellows

Dr. Young,

I live in New York City and been infected for almost 8 years. My cd4 count has always been in the 800-1000 range and my viral load has never been higher than 50 copies, most times it comes back undectable. I have never been on cocktail.

I have however been adhering to a strict diet. And lots of vitamins as vit c, vit e, selenium, co-enzyme q-10, l-cartine.

I know hiv research has progressed, but seeing the shows on World Aids Day 2003 suggests to me that we need to do more. Is there any way i can help others? Where should I go?

Peter S.

Thanks for your post-- The National Institutes of Health in Bethesda are actively looking for HIV infected persons who appear to be long-term non-progressors.

I'm sure that a call to the National Institute for Allergies and Infectious Diseases can turn up some leads. http://www.niaid.nih.gov/dir/labs/lir/hiv/studies.htm

Thanks to you for your interest in participating in clinical trials. BY

HIV
VAccinated for Hep,