Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

praise about meds on site?
Dec 4, 2003

I am a newly-diagnosed HIV+ thirty six year old male. I read all of the forums at this excellent site. Although I am gathering very important medical information,it is often very difficult to read about so many difficult situations. I realize your readers are a self-selecting population of people who are experiencing problems. I admit at times it makes me want to not read on... Is there a forum where HIV patients share their successes in living with HIV? I am not ready to go to a support group and would like to be able to develop a positive attitude and outlook. I would especially like to read about patients who have good experiences with meds and treatment.

Response from Dr. Pierone

We definitely have some success stories interspersed in this forum but the majority of people posting are either gathering more information or having active challenges with therapy. I can see how this must present a negatively skewed perspective to a new reader. I am not aware of a forum like you describe, but can assure you that in the real world of HIV treatment the majority of our patients do very well with treatment (they are probably too busy living life to write in to a forum on treatment success).

By all means develop a positive attitude and outlook to deal with HIV. If you are not ready for a support group you should also consider individual counseling at an AIDS support organization or mental health clinic that is knowledgeable about HIV issues. Finally, find an upbeat doctor, not one that is morose and pessimistic. Good luck!

Previous
Persistent Diarrhoea - will treatment help or make it worse
Next
Allergies

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.