praise about meds on site?

I am a newly-diagnosed HIV+ thirty six year old male. I read all of the forums at this excellent site. Although I am gathering very important medical information,it is often very difficult to read about so many difficult situations. I realize your readers are a self-selecting population of people who are experiencing problems. I admit at times it makes me want to not read on... Is there a forum where HIV patients share their successes in living with HIV? I am not ready to go to a support group and would like to be able to develop a positive attitude and outlook. I would especially like to read about patients who have good experiences with meds and treatment.

We definitely have some success stories interspersed in this forum but the majority of people posting are either gathering more information or having active challenges with therapy. I can see how this must present a negatively skewed perspective to a new reader. I am not aware of a forum like you describe, but can assure you that in the real world of HIV treatment the majority of our patients do very well with treatment (they are probably too busy living life to write in to a forum on treatment success).

By all means develop a positive attitude and outlook to deal with HIV. If you are not ready for a support group you should also consider individual counseling at an AIDS support organization or mental health clinic that is knowledgeable about HIV issues. Finally, find an upbeat doctor, not one that is morose and pessimistic. Good luck!

Persistent Diarrhoea - will treatment help or make it worse
Allergies