Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

CD4 34 responding to medicine how long survival
Dec 1, 2003

cd 4 count was found 34 when i was hospitalized 2 months back due to severe ill health.responded to medicins and was discharged after 15 days treatmebt. doctor is giving medicines for liver problem. how long do i survive.what should i do now. my wife cd count is 375 and she is not diagnised of any disease; what should we do now. kindly suggest.

Response from Dr. Wohl

It is unclear from your email whether you are receiving medications to fight HIV itself. Also, what your liver problem is exactly is not clear.

A CD4 cell count of 34 is very low (the normal level is around 800-1000). Without HIV therapy your chances of staying illness-free, I am sorry to say, is very low. If HIV treatment is available where you are, you should pursue it along with physicians experienced in the management of HIV infection. DW

Previous
finally not depressed
Next
desperate for advice and information ( 10th attempt)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.