Please answer!!!

This might not be the appropriate forum but I have no where to ask. I have been diagnosed on July 2003,with CD4 646,vl 27000.I am due for more test before the end of the year.For the past 3 months when I am on my periods,I develop small 1 or 2 blisters on my vagina.What might be the caus eof this,my doctor said it is probably due to weakened immune system as a result of the menstruation cycle.They are so painful and uncomfortable.Will I experience this monthly?I read a few articles about herpes as a result of the confusion,which I am not sure if this might be the cause.He prescribed Famvir(famciclovir).I am not sure if it helped as the same occured again this month.

Please advise.

Hello, it sounds like you are having recurrent outbreaks of genital herpes around the time of your period. Since it is not clear that Famvir (anti-herpes med) helped you should have a definitive diagnosis made. The best way is to see your doctor when the blisters develop so that a culture can be done. If it turns out to be a herpes infection it can be prevented or treated with meds like acyclovir, Famvir, or Valtrex. Best of luck.

Starting meds...but questions...
Drugs and the blood/brain barrier