Nov 29, 2003
recently diagnosed HIV, lately coughing up mucus, is this a normal condition of HIV?
| Response from Dr. Pierone
Mucus production and cough is related to inflammation or infection of the airways and includes bronchitis, sinusitis and tracheitis. There are greater rates of airways infection in those with HIV (lower CD4 counts at least) so it may be related. Do you know your CD4 count yet?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does A Guy Automatically Get AIDS If You Exchange Fluids With Another Guy?
- Testimony Of People Living With AIDS
- Hiv Statistics And Us Cities
- What Causes Severe Vaginal Bleeding, Large Clots, Chills, Shivering, Abdominal And Leg Pain?
- How Long Does Oxandrolone Take To Work?
- How Much Does Norvir Cost?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.