meds in the morn and at night

Doc, I have a question about my meds and should I take them exactly at the same time. I know you just had a question on this however my meds are differeant. I take videx and epivar in the morning around 0500 and I take Reyatez around 7:00-8:00PM I dont always talk my night ly dose at the exact time, but I never have missed a dose yet. Am I reducing the effectiveness by not taking at the same time? DIV

Dear DIV:

Thank you for your post. In general the key issue is not missing doses-- certainly more important than being off by an hour or two on a once-daily medication. So to this extent, I don't see any problems with what you're doing. The only advice is that getting the timing close is sometimes of help to persons, but not essential.

With atazanavir (Reyataz), please be sure to tell your doctor all of the medications (prescription and over the counter) that you're taking-- there are some that can decrease the effectiveness of TAZ (like some antacids).

Good luck and thanks for reading. BY

effect of crack cocaine on treatments
weird test results