starting treatment

Dear Mr Young, I was wondering if I should start treatment. cd4 - 337/34 vl 2400 in aug 03 cd4 - 116/32 vl 320 nov 03 my doc still wants to wait.

I'd probably side with your doctor on this one, provided that your feeling well and have no symptoms.

That said, you have a borderline CD4 count and I wouldn't want to dissuade you from starting medications if that is where your heart and mind are at-- make sure that you're in a situation that will facilitate adherence and follow up. Even if you choose not to start, because your CD4 is at or close to the threshold to start medications, I'd want to make sure that you had appropriate lab monitoring-- like every 2 or 3 months.

You're very low viral load makes the likelihood of dramatic drops in your CD4 unlikely, but I don't like to wager your health when it comes to these sorts of decisions, and having the lab data is a definite way to know where you're at.

Good luck, happy turkey day. BY

Good luck to all
Symptoms and Antibiotics