Average time to undetectable when starting treatment

Hi doc,

I've been on treatment for 2+ months (FTC, Viread, Boosted Reyataz). My pretreatment VL was 40k. After 1 month on treatment, my VL dropped to 440. After 2+ months my VL is now 146. Also, my lymph nodes are still swollen, although less pronounced than when I was infected in July. I'm very nervous that my VL has not dropped to below 50, even after 2+ months of treatment and that my LN are still swollen. Are my lab results and swollen LN reasonable or would you consider an alt. treatment. I've spoken to my doc but he seems unconcerned. My primary concern is that since Viread lowers Reyataz, my drug levels may not be high enough to completely shut-down HIV replication and prevent resistance (especially in my LN). What would you recommend a patient do in this scenario.

BTW- My CD4 counts went from 297 to 587, so I'm happy about that.

Thanks

CD

No problem, you are right on track to be undetectable. You probably already are undetectable since we are a few weeks behind on answering questions. If you look at the drug levels with boosted Reyataz and Viread the average minimal blood concentration of Reyataz is 491 mcg/mL. When you use unboosted Reyataz without Viread the minimal blood concentration of Reyataz is 118 mcg/mL. So you can see that the expected levels in your situation are well above those necessary to suppress virus (even in lymph nodes). The CD4 count response is impressive as well. Good luck!

what are the odds
Getting married. Need advice terribly..