muscle spasms

Hi

About one year ago I started getting pains in my neck and lower back (I had history of less severe problems in both areas before.) I was diagnosed as pos in March 2003 (tested neg in March 2002). Starting last year (before I knew my pos status) I went to a chiropractor and it helps. After going several times a week for the first few weeks, I went about once every 2-3 months as needed. I began meds 5 weeks ago--kaletra, viread and emtriva. About 3 weeks ago the pain in neck and lower back seem to have come back full swing. I went twice this week to chiro--and at today's appt dr. said my neck muscle spasms were worse than they were 2 days ago. The area is very tight.

Any idea whether this could be related to my HIV status or meds? Is this another one of those things associated with the disease or meds?

Thanks. Thanks.

It sounds like your pains are probably not related to HIV or the medications since they predate both the meds and HIV (at least to some degree). Neck and back pain are both so common it is difficult to link these symptoms to HIV infection in general. Also, I have not seen more neck and back pain in my patients with HIV compared to those HIV negative.

Price of treatment, etc...
Flu and pnumonia shots