Sustiva and rifampin, hep B too

(sorry about my bad english) I have to begin the treatment, I have TBC (rifampicina, pirazynamida, etambutol and isoniazina), <- about today:45 days doing good, now I have to begin with: Efavirenz (sustiva) and 3tc Complex (AZT + lamivudina), do you think it is ok? (what about Rifampicina Vs Efavirenz??) I have Hep B too, but my dr. didn't tell me details about my Hep B kind (just told me that in my blood appear some "australian" name... Is any problem to began treatment for HIV, thinking in my TBC and Hep B? I have to ask my dr anything more? Please Help me. Thank you!!!

Hello, there is an interaction between rifampin and Sustiva that should be considered when they are prescribed together. Rifampin will lower the blood levels of Sustiva by about 25% and possibly make it less effective. Rifabutin is similar to rifampin but will not lower the levels of Sustiva (although Sustiva lowers the levels of rifabutin).

Hepatitis B is treated by the Epivir in your cocktail. We can measure the level of hepatitis B in the bloodstream (the same way we measure HIV). The response of the hepatitis B infection to Epivir can be monitored in by this means. Many people with hepatitis B will need to have tenofovir added to the regimen to get hepatitis B levels undetectable. Good luck!

AIDS discrimination is not acceptable!
every 12 hour meds