hiv-O prevalence in the USA

Dear Dr Pierone,

I was interested in last months information on PI based treatment for O strain hiv. I noted that O strain patients went from a "low" number to "1500" reported. How many are present here in the states that are accounted for?? Does it differ in transmission and treatment??

Thankyou in advance.

Group O HIV is extremely uncommon in the United States, well under 1 percent. Group O is transmitted in the same manner as Group M (predominant worldwide). Treatment should be with protease inhibitor based therapy because of intrinsic resistance to non-nucleoside medications.

Can I start treatment
Chronic pharyngitis