|Can I start treatment
Nov 23, 2003
I was tested HIV+ in September 2003. My CD4 =814 and viral load = 29 9000. Does this mean I have to start treatment, I'm very worried about cost implications and I do not think I am ready to start. Please Help. South Africa
| Response from Dr. Pierone
With a CD4 count in the normal range you do not need to start treatment for HIV infection. Generally it is recommended to wait until CD4 counts drop to less than 350.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Dizziness A Symptom Of HIV?
- Sex With A Prostitute And Possible HIV Exposure
- Bloody Pee After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.